Design a manually controlled robot to climb stairs.
Click here to register
A demo bot for staircase traversal in action
- The dimension of robot is 25cmx20cmx20cm, with 10% tolerance.
- There’s no restriction in controlling ways, i.e., control can be wired or wireless.
- Readymade toys/Lego kits/Hydraulic System/IC engines are not allowed.
- Team should consist maximum 4 members.
- Teams can be formed with cross college members.
- Only 2 persons will be allowed inside the arena.
- Only one robot from each team is allowed inside the arena.
Rules and Regulations
- Unethical behavior, e.g., speaking/indicating abusive in the arena, pulling a fight with coordinators/volunteers can cause suspension of the team from the event.
- Damaging the arena may lead to direct disqualification.
- The decision of team Step-Up is final.
- The coordinators have all rights to take final decisions during the event.
- The robot maybe disqualified for violating the safety measures.
- Each team will be provided with a 220V AC – 50Hz supply. Any kind of onboard power source have to be arranged by the team.
- There will be 2 rounds.
- Round 1: The Robot has to climb up a stair. Points will be on climbing up and time taken. The teams with more points get selected for the round 2.
- Round 2: In this round the robot has to go through a path, a stair will included in it. There will be certain objectives the robot has to fulfill, which will be disclosed at the time of arena.
- Damaging the arena may cause direct disqualification.
This will be introduced at the time of event.
The stairs will be minimum 8 cm in height and 24 cm in base width
Prize Money - To be announced soon
Koustav Mallick - 9734887255
Soumyadeep - 9051802498